The Variety Livvi’s Place Lt Cantello Reserve opened in February, 2022 and the community loves it! The collaboratively designed inclusive playspace is a unique place where people of all ages and abilities can safely play together and have fun. It features unique and state-of-the-art equipment including the first wheelchair accessible Inclusive Seesaw® in Australia!
Liverpool City Council in partnership with Variety – The Children’s Charity NSW/ACT and Outhouse Design developed a concept plan to guide the development of the Variety Livvi’s Place Inclusive Playground in line with the NSW Government “Everyone Can Play” guidelines, to create a new all abilities playground for the local community of Hammondville.
For the next stage of the project Proludic then collaborated with Council and Variety – The Children’s Charity on the detailed design, supply and installation of the playspace. The new playground is set to become a key community hub, and forms part of a national network of inclusive play spaces that Variety has helped create.
One of the main features of the playground is a large inclusive & accessible bespoke Adventure Tower which stands over 7 meters tall. It includes custom designed graphics with Grafic Games to feature panels of gumtree leaves that are attached to the tower structure. Designed for children from 2 to 12 years, the tower offers an extensive combination of physical and interactive play activities:
- A giant tube slide allows children to experience thrilling sliding sensations ;
- Climbing panels and rope structures ;
- Play panels and sensory activities ;
- A ground level sensory play table and benches for taking a breather or enjoying slower-paced activities ;
- A wide staircase with enclosed side panels enabling children to safely access the tower, along with a supportive carer when needed ;
- A transfer platform provides children of reduced mobility with easy access to the play panels and thereby allows them to play with other children.